Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sunday Morning Antiquing

A couple of weekends ago we visited Todd's Farm for the first time this year.   I was so excited to return, wish it could stay open all year.   It is the best flea market on the North Shore, in my humble little opinion!    A few vendors in we found our first and best find of the day.   We have been looking for a while for a hutch for our dining room.   The room is very small and we need something that wouldn't take up too much space.  I also wanted something where I could display the glassware I had, ideally I wanted glass cabinet doors.   My husband spotted the yellow hutch and as soon as we saw it we decided it was perfect for our space.   The tag read $135 however the vendor quickly realized we were interested and said we could take it for $100, we agreed (when it comes to flea markets I don't tend to negotiate if I think the vendor is offering me a fair price).    It was the perfect fit in the corner of the dining room and I love the sunny yellow color.    Now I just need to find some more glassware!




Inside there is a beautiful paneled arch.

We also bought from the same vendor a Revereware copper kettle (probably from the 70's or early 80's) for $8 and a Old Cabin Still barware bottle for a whopping $1!   The kettle and Old Cabin Still bottle are to add to the shelf in my husband's man cave.




Can't wait for my next trip there!

No comments:

Post a Comment