Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lovely Lilacs

It is one of my favorite times of the year right now,  when the Lilacs are in bloom!   I absolutely love the smell of lilacs (still hunting for a lilac scented perfume!).   We have a few lilacs we have planted in our yard but they are still young and don't really produce any flowers yet.   Our neighbors, however, have huge lilac bushes whose branches reach over the fence into our yard.   Each spring I always go out and secretly clip a few of the flowers.   The neighbor actually mentioned to my husband that they want to cut the bushes down,  to which he said we would gladly take them.   Hopefully we can replant them in our yard so I can enjoy them even more.    One of their bushes even has the deep purple lilacs that you don't see as often!




No comments:

Post a Comment