Thursday, April 5, 2012

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail...

Happy Easter!!  A few months ago we visited a local antiques fair where we had purchased the wooden christmas trees in the fall.   At the time the same vendor with the Christmas trees had these colorful cardboard Peter Rabbit puzzles.    We passed at the time which we immediately regretted the next day.   Although we do not have children yet (fingers crossed we will sometime in the next year) I already know I want the nursery to be a Peter Rabbit/ Beatrix Potter theme.   So when we visited the same antiques fair in January we stopped at the Christmas tree vendor again and to our surprise they still had the Peter Rabbit puzzles!   We were not going to let them go this time so we snatch them up quickly for $20.    I did a bit of research when I got home, the puzzles, Peter Rabbit Puzzle Box 4142, were made between 1915-1930's by Milton Bradley of Massachusetts.   I was amazed the colors had stayed so vibrant and the cardboard was in such good shape after 80+ years.   There are 3 puzzles total and no are missing pieces, which I also find pretty incredible especially being a child's toy.   My plan is to find a way to frame them while keeping not ruining the cardboard or condition.  





No comments:

Post a Comment