Sunday, April 1, 2012

Christmas in April?

I started this blog in the new year, however I still wanted to share my favorite pre-Christmas vintage find (I just couldn't wait 9 more months!).   We went to a local antiques show in late October and as soon as I saw these wooden light up Christmas trees I was in love! The best part was there were 2 and we only paid $40 for both.  The vendor thought they were hand made from the 1940's.   I could just picture a father cutting out the trees, paint on the white snow and poking the holes, making the trees for his kids to surprise them for Christmas morning.   If you unscrew one of the sides the panel swings open and you can screw in a light bulb.   We changed the wiring as it was original and look like it would spark a fire...eek! We put a green bulb in one and a red in the other.  I can't wait to bring them out again this Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment