Friday, January 10, 2014

A Place To Hang My Jewels

Last year when Nick was laid off for a few months he had a lot of time on his hands.   When my birthday came around he decided he would make my gift rather than buy me something.    He had seen me look at wall mounted jewelry displays before and knew I would like something similar.    By finding antique knobs and drawer pulls, along with an vintage cabinet door, he was able to assemble the perfect jewelry display.   It is one of my favorite gifts he has ever given me.  It meant so much that he put so much thought and time into making it.   The only downside was a few weeks after my birthday we were starting to pack up our house to put it on the market.  It didn't make sense to drill more holes in the walls to hang it up (especially since it would need anchors - it's quite heavy).   So I had to wait almost 5 months to hang up, use and see my beautiful birthday gift every day.

Now it's finally up in our bedroom near our closet and above my jewelry chest.   It holds my favorite pieces I wear most often and it makes it so easy to pick out what I want to wear each day.   Not to mention, it's serves as a version of art on our wall.








No comments:

Post a Comment